There's no way to predict an unexpected death, but you can take steps along the way to make sure your family is protected if the unforeseen were to happen. Credit Life Insurance provides for the payment of your loan so your loved ones aren't left with the burden.
- You must be actively at work and regularly performing the usual duties of a full-time occupation on the date of the loan.
- You must not have attained the maximum contract age of 72 years. Coverage ceases on your 72nd birthday.
- Absence from work due to vacation, strike or temporary lay-off due to lack of work will not exclude you from coverage.
- The loan balance of a member who is out on medical leave or who has knowledge of a terminal medical condition at the time the loan is granted will not be covered.
- If there is a claim, payment of the remaining loan balance will be made only after the credit union receives the death certificate verifying the borrower's death.
Accidents happen. Make sure your family is protected when they need it most.
We're your financial partner for life, no matter what it brings. With Credit Disability Insurance, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing your financial obligations are insured. This insurance provides for continued payment of your loan in the event of total disability as a result of a covered accident or sickness.
- You must be actively employed and performing the usual duties of a full-time occupation on the date the loan is made.
- You must be less than 67 years old. Coverage ceases on your 67th birthday.
- The maximum monthly benefit is $600.
- Only accidents or sicknesses that occur after the loan advance has been made are covered.
Invest in the security of knowing your payments are covered until you've fully recovered.
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
You don't expect your car to be totaled by an accident or stolen, but you get car insurance just in case. You also don't expect that your insurance settlement could suddenly leave you thousands of dollars in debt because you owe more on your car loan than your car is worth. You'll be glad to know there's a way to make sure a car wreck doesn't wreck your finances, GAP. This type of protection will cover the "gap" between a vehicle's actual cash value and your loan balance in the event your vehicle is damaged beyond repair or stolen and never recovered.
- Eligibility for new and used vehicles, refinanced loans, private passenger autos and light trucks
- Coverage for a maximum loan term of 84 months
- Protect your credit rating
Get the cushion you need against sudden out-of-pocket expenses in the event your vehicle is totaled.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection
Don't let a mechanical breakdown catch you off guard. Protect your investment and be prepared for the unexpected. Get coverage beyond your existing manufacturer's warranty for your car, truck or SUV at a discounted rate from your credit union.
- Competitively priced coverage for new and used vehicles
- $0 deductible
- Cost is 30-70% less when compared to other extended warranty programs
- Cost can be financed into your loan payment with no money up front
- National claims service with credit card reimbursement
- Repairs authorized at any licensed facility of your choice
- Coverage may be cancelled at any time for any reason
- Additional benefits include rental car, towing, tire protection, trip interruption, and roadside assistance
Expensive auto repairs can leave you financially stressed. Avoid these unpleasant costs with the right coverage.
For your convenience, we offer many ways to pay your Community South loans.