The Community South Scholarship Program was created to invest in the future of our members and in the communities they call home. For 2019, four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors.
- Applicant must be a member, or a child or grandchild of a member of Community South Credit Union in good standing.
- Applicants must be eligible for graduation in 2019. Home schooled seniors residing in these counties are also eligible.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 based upon a 4.0 grading system. A copy of transcripts for the past four (4) years is required.
- Submit at least one (1) and not more than four (4) academic letters of recommendation from authorities at your school such as teachers, principal, or guidance counselor.
- Submit at least one (1) and not more than four (4) letters of recommendation from individuals, other than family members, who have known you for at least two (2) years.
- Applicant must provide an essay in your own words answering one of the following. The essay should be 500 words or less, written or typed.
- "How can credit unions improve to reach a younger market?" or
- "The role of Community South in my family's life and/or community ..."
Completed applications with required submittals must be delivered to the Chipley Branch no later than Thursday, April 11, 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 1, 2019.
Best of luck to all high school seniors!