Community South is dedicated to providing you with the highest level of security and the latest banking technology. Chip card technology adds an extra layer of security to your debit card transactions when used at chip-enabled terminals, and greatly decreases the possibility that you will become a victim of debit card fraud.
Because of the many features we're adding to your Community South debit card, several important aspects of your debit card will change:
- Your debit card EXPIRATION DATE will change
- The CVV Code on the back of your card will change
- The look of your card will change
- You can re-establish your current debit card PIN or you may choose a new PIN
- Your current debit card NUMBER
- All details of your checking account (account number, access, etc.)
- Our 24/7 debit card fraud monitoring service
- ATM access and limits
- Worldwide debit card acceptance
- Community South Credit Union Member Service
Important Dates and Action Items
You should receive your new Community South debit card between June 3, 2019 and June 14, 2019. For security purposes, you will have to setup a new PIN upon activation.
You will be able to activate your new card as soon as you receive it, but it will not work until June 17, 2019.
Your current Community South debit card will no longer work starting June 17, 2019.
You should sign the back of your card, activate it, and remember to update any recurring or automated payments you have set up using your old Community South debit card with your new expiration date to ensure continuous service.
- Activate your new card
- Establish your new debit card PIN
- Download the new Card Valet App
You should contact the merchant or search the merchant's website for instructions on how to update your method of payment. We highly recommend that you make these updates as soon as possible upon receiving your new card to ensure that the merchant continues to receive your payments with no interruptions.
Call Community South Member Service at 866-638-8376 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. if:
- You did not receive your new Community South debit card by June 14, 2019.
- You have trouble activating your new card.
- You have trouble selecting a new PIN for your card.
You can re-establish the same PIN that you had before if you wish.
If my new card does not work at a checkout terminal:
- Ask the merchant for assistance.
- Try to swipe the card instead; the merchant's terminal may not yet be chip-enabled, even though it has a slot to insert your chip card.
- Ensure that your card has been activated.
- Watch the terminal screen for instructions to ensure your card is inserted correctly.